Ortofon new TA-210 12″ static-balance tonearm
The new Ortofon TA-210 tonearm has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations in the tonearm. Our extensive knowledge of vibration properties and characteristics in different shapes and materials has been applied for optimization of TA-210 tonearm
The TA-210 is given a precision machined slit in each end of the aluminum tube. A piece of Ortofon special vibration damping compound is integrated into each slit: Rubber inserts with high vibration damping properties and Special proprietary TPE compound with excellent damping properties are integrated respectively in the bottom and top slit of the arm tube. Due to these two different materials an extended damping effect is obtained in the largest possible range. Both inserts integrated in the tonearm tube are manufactured at the Ortofon technical facilities in Nakskov, Denmark.
TA-210 armtube is a lot less stressed than conventional armtubes due to the Technical rubber and TPE excellent damping properties.
- TA-210 is a static balanced gimbal type arm, easy to use and adjust for optimal VTF settings
- TA-210 has a standard 5-pin DIN connector for tonearm cable
- The tonearm geometry allows for a Baerwald alignment (also the IEC recommendations)
- Counterweight with Inner/outer scale
- Inner scale to be applied with main counterweight
- Outer scale to be applied when extra mass ring is added
- Counterweight will work with headshell+cartridge mass approximately in the range 20 to 28g
- TA-210 is fitted with a standard headshell connector and can easily be adjusted in accordance with the included mounting template
- Extra mass ring for heavier cartridge and headshell combinations included (the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force)
- Extra mass ring weight 45g
Counterweight with Inner/Outer scale
Extra mass ring
Mounting of the extra mass ring
The counterweight should be attached onto the rear of the tonearm with the inner number scale facing forward. If the extra mass ring is needed, it must be installed prior to attaching the counterweight to the tonearm. The extra mass ring should be installed on the back of the counterweight and may need to be twisted slightly to facilitate the installation. Ensure that the extra mass ring fits tightly to the thick part of the counterweight.
TA-210 is the product with great benefits for the discerning analogue user
The TA-210 can ideally be combined with MC Windfeld, MC A90, SPU Series and the new Ortofon Xpression.
The combination of Xpression, ST-80 SE Moving Coil transformer and TA-210 gives a supreme experience!
The new High-end headshell LH-10000, incorporating damping technology similar to the TA-110/210 tonearms, will be a perfect interface between the tonearms and Ortofon Cadenza Series, MC Windfeld and MC A90.
Download TA-110/210 Product sheet here