Ortofon TA-110 9″ static-balance tonearm
TA-110 has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations in the tonearm
Ortofon’s material know-how is the first area of the Ortofon technology that was applied when developing the TA-110. As a specialist in technical rubber, Ortofon used one of its special rubber compounds when creating the specially shaped rubber with high vibration dampening properties. The rubber pieces are produced at the Ortofon technical rubber facilities in Nakskov.
The second area of Ortofon technology is the extensive knowledge of vibration properties and characteristics. Ortofon has acquired this know-how via the developement of Bone conductors for the hearing aid industry. By using this knowledge and the related computer programs that simulated vibration in different shapes and materials, Ortofon came up with an optimized TA-110.
The TA-110 is a product with great benefits for the discerning analogue user
The TA-110 is given a precision machined slit in the middle of the aluminium tube. A piece of Ortofon’s special vibration damping rubber is inserted into the slit. An armtube without slit and rubber damper is symmetrical in a vertical and lateral plane with respect to vibrations. The slit breaks this symmetry, and mounting the rubber insert gives the desired damping.
- TA-110 is a static balance gimbal type arm, easy to use and adjust for optimal VTF settings
- TA-110 has a standard 5-pin DIN connector for tonearm cable
- The tonearm geometry allows for a Baerwald alignment (also the IEC recommendations)
- Counterweight with Inner/Outer scale
- Inner scale to be applied with main counterweight
- Outer scale to be applied when extra mass ring is added
- Counterweight will work with headshell+cartridge mass approximately in the range 20 to 28g
- TA-110 is fitted with a standard headshell connector and can easily be adjusted in accordance with the included mounting template
- Extra mass ring for heavier cartridge and headshell combinations included, e.g. SPU cartridges (the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force)
- Extra mass ring weight 45g
Counterweight with Inner/Outer scale
Extra mass ring
Mounting of the extra mass ring
The counterweight should be attached onto the rear of the tonearm with the inner number scale facing forward. If the extra mass ring is needed, it must be installed prior to attaching the counterweight to the tonearm. The extra mass ring should be installed on the back of the counterweight and may need to be twisted slightly to facilitate the installation. Ensure that the extra mass ring fits tightly to the thick part of the counterweight.
The TA-110 can ideally be combined with MC Windfeld, MC A90, SPU Series cartidges and the new Ortofon Xpression (for SPU Series the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force)
The combination of Xpression, ST-80 SE Moving Coil transformer and TA-110 gives a supreme experience!
For more information please follow the below links:
Download TA-110/TA-210 Product sheet her